Day 8 – Benefits? – I think so.
I tend to think if something doesn’t work quickly, its likely not going to work. I then do research and jump onto some other bandwagon. I have zero patience when it comes to certain aspects of my life. Honestly, I use to be worse, but have a kid and that changes you. I think I can feel the benefits in this diet. When I read Kathy’s book, I promised myself I would commit to all 21 days and I am well on my way. Its Day 8 so I could by lying this early, but honestly my left wrist made it through my workout this morning. This is huge considering lately I have had a very difficult time holding the weight through the amount of pain I have in my left writs. I was super excited and then I was off to work where I had to deal with contractors. That killed my enthusiasm.
Today I ate the following:
Breakfast: corn flakes with half banana
Mid Morning: Almonds/red plum
Lunch: Cuban Rice and Beans (Yummy), Peach
Mid Afternoon: Blue Corn Chips and Baba Ganoush – Banana at 5 PM
Dinner: Soba Noodles, Spinach, Broccoli, tofu, and sweet potatoes stir fry dish (excellent)
After Dinner Snack: Rice Cake with Almond butter and agave nectar and a little popcorn
1. How do you feel today (overall) compared to yesterday? Much better. I still have a minor headache, but I really feel it is part of this cleansing process.
2. Has anything changed with your symptoms that you may have not wrote about the day before? Yes, for the better. I am feeling relief in my wrist.
3. Are you feeling hungry at anytime during the day? I was hungry tonight
4. What was your workout today? Movement Prep, Shoulders, Triceps, and some minor core work.
5. When did you workout and how was your energy during the workout? 5:00 AM and my energy was good.
6. How did your energy do throughout the day? Good. I even worked late.
7. How many hours of sleep did you get last night? 5 or 6. I was up and down all night.
8. As it relates to your health, here is a list of areas that have caused some issues over the past 6 months. Please provide a brief update of each: Rating scale 1-10 (1 being no pain and 10 being the worst)
Left wrist pain: About a 2
Right pointer finger joint: About a 1
Thumbs: About a 3
Right Hip: I don’t feel my hip right now.
So it was a good day. I really think gluten has a major effect on inflammation – well it at least that is what this study is revealing. I am very hopefully and can certain eliminate gluten from my diet full time if it proves to be one of the issues. I am excited. Once I make it through the weekend, I will be half way. That is fantastic.
Make it Count by having patience and knowing that nothing happens over night.