Day 9 – Focus, Focus, Focus
Well my day started bright and early at 4:15 AM. I woke up a bit hungry, but then just got an earlier start at the gym where I had a great workout. I was up later than expected last night ready my 4-hour body book, so I was surprised about my 45 min early rise. I love this book, so it was totally worth it. Clorinda says its right up my alley and she is so right. I love anything that helps you look and feel better. I don’t read fiction, because I can’t get engaged, where as if I read a book about how to make you better, I am all over it. Its books that make a difference that really matter to me. The core reason why this cleanse is the only thing that matters (Well next to Clorinda and Jack) – I am concentrating on feeling better… I am very focused this time and willing to do what it takes, as I have had enough pain. I want to rid my body of any lingering toxins. It’s going to be a worthy journey.
We tried to go out to eat for lunch today, but I rather not try that again until after we are done. However, we could go if we only go to Nourish or Gratitude Café’. Its just too hard and I am certain our lunch had sugar in it. I am unhappy about that, but will admit, it sure was good.
Today I ate the following:
BEFORE WORKOUT: Gluten free waffle with earth wise and agave nectar
Breakfast: Gluten Free Waffle with fresh blueberries
Mid Morning: Rice Cakes with Almond butter/yogurt and pistachios
Lunch: Clo and I shared Green salad with strawberries, quinoa, avocado, oil/balsamic and a Red Curry Dish that I think might have had a little sugar in it… UGH. Boy, did I feel that.
Dinner: Garlic Rice pasta with red beans and vegetables.
After Dinner Snack: Apple
1. How do you feel today (overall) compared to yesterday? I feel great today. I have been up since 4:15 and got an early workout done.
2. Has anything changed with your symptoms that you may have not wrote about the day before? Only for the good. My wrist is feeling goooooooooooodddddd….
3. Are you feeling hungry at anytime during the day? Not so much during the day, but right now I feel like I need something else. It’s an urge.
4. What was your workout today? So as you know, I am reading the 4 hour workout. It’s such an interesting book. I read a section last night about the kettlebell swing and a woman who lost 1% of a body fat a week for 1 month by doing 15 minutes in workouts a week. Sounds crazy I know, but I had to implement the swing into my routine this morning. I actually love the kettlebell, so it was easy. I did some movement prep, 50 kettlebell swings and treadmill work for 35 minutes that included 10 -1 minutes prints on my toes. My calves already kill.
5. When did you workout and how was your energy during the workout? 4:45 AM and felt great.
6. How did your energy do throughout the day? Great.
7. How many hours of sleep did you get last night? About 6.
8. As it relates to your health, here is a list of areas that have caused some issues over the past 6 months. Please provide a brief update of each: Rating scale 1-10 (1 being no pain and 10 being the worst
Left wrist pain: About a 2… On the upside J
Right pointer finger joint: About a 3 or so. Maybe from heavy computer use.
Thumbs: About a 2.
Right Hip: About a 1, I don’t feel it much at all and I did treadmill work.
Face/Skin: Looking pretty good. I still have minor breakouts like a 14 year old.
I am now off to watch Dateline and to head into weekend #2. I look forward to focusing on my body and reading a bit more of my book.
Make it Count by staying focused on something important to you!