Day 17, 18, & 19 – Busy Days, No Entries
It has been a few days since I wrote last, so this entry will likely not list food from each day, but instead highlight what I have done and how I am feeling. We had a very busy weekend and for the most part my energy was pretty good. Saturday morning was consumed with a tour of the Calgary Train & Bus Station. At first I didn’t want to go because I wanted to get my workout done in the AM, but then thought, I needed to go for Jack. I rarely get to see him during the week, so the only time we get to really bond is on the weekends. After our train tour, which was very cool, we shopped at Planet Organic where we found some powerful foods and also picked up some ready to eat products at their food bar: tofu steaks, hale to the kale salad, roasted potatoes, and a rice dish. (I can’t remember the name, all I know is it was a bit spicy) We ended up doing the “Bob” workout at about 5 PM – My energy was fairly good after a brief nap, (I love naps on Saturday…) but the workout was still tough. That night we had an awesome gluten free/vegan pizza made by ME. Yes, I can actually take credit for this one, so I will. Our neighbor came by so we enjoyed good conversation with homemade pizza and flavored seltzer water. One key item I failed to mention was that Clo bought me some Holy Basil today, which is something to help manage stress and a healthy GI track. Clorinda clearly things I need stress management.
Sunday, we decided to go into Canmore and ride the Legacy Trail to Banff. There were two main reason for this journey,1) a great little bit ride, 2) we could eat at Nourish Café in Banff – the best vegan restaurant on the planet! We were happy campers on the way out as we had a goal once we rode into Banff: FOOD! Ok, so Clo and I were excited, Jack on the other hand complained. When we walked out of the restaurant it started raining, so as you can imagine I told the team we had to get moving back to the car as fast as possible. Not the greatest idea after eating a wonderful meal that filled you up! UGH! We rode in the constant rain for about 30 minutes. I was cold and I was just trying to joke around with Jack to keep him motivated to push the pedals. It worked as he did fantastic on the way back.
Monday, back to work. Started my day with a 5K, 4 – ¼ miles sprints, then 5 – 1 Minute sprints. Now my hip hurts. I must be slacking on my form. My goal for winter is to have someone study my running style. I am reading my book, 4-hour body; however do not know how to imitate the technique from a book. I need a physical form to show me! My massage therapist told me about a great guy in Kensington that makes custom orthotics and has worked with a number of professional and elite athletes, so I am going to try and see him.
1. How do you feel today (overall) compared to yesterday? My left wrist was pretty sore throughout the weekend. I cannot pinpoint why, but I did take 2 doses of Tylenol Arthritis. It seemed to help which is a big change considering I seem to be immune to over counter products. Another plus to going through the cleanse.
2. Has anything changed with your symptoms that you may have not wrote about the day before? The only major change I have had has to do with my GI track. It might have something to do with the Holy Basil, but I am still committed to taking it. I also have an itchy throat.
3. Are you feeling hungry at anytime during the day? I eat 3 meals a day with 2 snacks. You’d think I would be hungry considering the caloric value of most items I have is less than what I have consumed before. I am getting tons of fiber, which keeps me feeling full longer.
4. How many hours of sleep did you get? I believe I got plenty of sleep on Saturday and Sunday – probably about 7 to 8 hours each night.
5. As it relates to your health, here is a list of areas that have caused some issues over the past 6 months. Please provide a brief update of each: Rating scale 1-10 (1 being no pain and 10 being the worst)
Left wrist pain: About a 5 or 6 off and on Saturday and Sunday. Monday it felt much better.
Right pointer finger joint: About a 3, maybe a 4 at one point.
Thumbs: About a 3, until my massage therapist worked on it – it was then about a 5.
Right Hip: Before I ran, a 0. Now my right hip is about a 5 or 6. I can totally feel it.
Face/Skin: Doing pretty well, but I don’t feel like I a glowing yet… ha ha
In conclusion, it was a busy weekend, but the cleanse is running smoothly. Although I have had a few set backs, I am still very excited about my results as of today. We have 2 days left on this cleans and I am having a hard time trying deciding what I would like to do. I don’t miss a lot, but miss some things. I’ll write more on that later.
Make it Count by spending time with family!