Day 16 – 15 is a lost cause, but Popcorn didn’t break me…
Well, I missed day 15’s entry. I thought I would remember everything I ate yesterday, however the only things I can remember are the beans and rice I had at the Hillhurst Harvest event and the baked potato with broccoli that I ate at 11 PM after we arrived back home from the event. What a bummer.
There is no reason for me to dwell on missing a single entry, so let’s move on. Day 16 was pretty good except right now I am exhausted. Yesterday, I spent half the day onsite in Chestermere, and then had to rush home to get ready (there was really no time for that, I only changed my shirt) for the Hillhurst Harvest event. If you recall, this was the event where I was going to teach line dancing. I also took it upon myself to be “Kernel Bryant” and man the popcorn machine. You might say, “why in the hell would you make popcorn with butter and oil on this diet.” I have a good answer – I wanted to make sure I had the will power to do so. Also, I must say that after reading the package, I wouldn’t have touched the stuff anyway. There is no reason for me to share that with you because I’m sure, like me, you enjoy going to the movie theatre and having popcorn. Just in case you are wondering, I think the line dancing went well, but my popcorn making skills where awesome!
Today I ate the following:
Breakfast: A single gluten free waffle with pecans, Chai Tea mixed Clo’s special way and a Protein Shake made with hemp protein about 30 minutes after.
Mid Morning: Almonds and Pecans
Lunch: Mixed salad with carrots, celery, hemp seed, and sunflower seeds. Spaghetti squash with a tomato sauce.
Mid Afternoon: Apple and peanut better
Dinner: Tofu, butternut squash, zucchini, quinoa, and garlic (I did have blue corn chips and avocado right before dinner, so I didn’t each my entire dinner)
After Dinner Snack:
1. How do you feel today (overall) compared to yesterday? My left wrist is bothering me more today. I think its because I had to make a quick leap on the large plastic white horse at the Wild West Center last night. Not so sure you are suppose to do that, but a gentleman we met was really pushing me to hop on. So when the coast was clear, Pam held the horse on one side, Clo helped me up on the other, and SNAP, the picture was shot.
2. Has anything changed with your symptoms that you may have not wrote about the day before? No, everything is still the same. I am very tired, but who isn’t tired on Friday’s after having a tough week at work.
3. Are you feeling hungry at anytime during the day? I felt a little hungry prior to lunch. I have a sweet tooth today.
4. What was your workout today? I took the day off. Yesterday, I ran on the treadmill 4 miles with sprint work.
5. When did you workout and how was your energy during the workout? 5 AM and I had good energy.
6. How did your energy do throughout the day? Great. I seem to have great energy at work lately. That is a plus for this cleanse.
7. How many hours of sleep did you get last night? About 6, maybe 6.
8. As it relates to your health, here is a list of areas that have caused some issues over the past 6 months. Please provide a brief update of each: Rating scale 1-10 (1 being no pain and 10 being the worst)
Left wrist pain: About a 4
Right pointer finger joint: About a 2
Thumbs: About a 2
Right Hip: Not really feeling that much
Face/Skin: I am having a breakout, but I think that’s because I spray cologne on my skin directly.
Other: Yesterday when I ran, I felt as though I had some crap stuck in my throat. Kind of like phlegm or something. I was coughing to try and get it to release. It made it harder for me to breathe and had an impact on my workout.
Tomorrow is Saturday and I cannot wait to sleep in just a little and then get off to the gym. I am hoping we can spend some good time outside as its supposed to be a lovely day!
Make it Count by “testing” your will power!