Day 13 – Right Foot = Modification
Today was a good day with one exception: my right foot. I started the day with an early morning workout and intended to do some sprint work on the treadmill, however when I started my warm-up, a sharp pain ran through my right forefoot. I usually do feel some sort of pain when I start running. It’s par for the course I am living on. The pain (minor to me, but maybe not so minor for a person not living with RA) usually runs its course in the warm-up and then will subside. Unfortunately, this was not that case with this right foot pain. So, in order to insure I get my calorie burn, I jumped off the treadmill and started my workout on the elliptical. The elliptical allows you to put pressure more on the back of your foot but still allows for me to work on rotation and suspesion. I once had 21 fractures in my foot from running so much, finally I was in the middle of stadiums one afternoon and feel to me hands, so needless to say I was then in a boot for 8 weeks. I guess that is one way to stop me. Ha ha.
Other than the right foot pain, things felt good. I got my hair done and felt a bit prettier by the time I made it home for the night! I should note, that I did not have a good eating day or drinking day. I was so busy that I failed to get as much water as I would like.
Today I ate the following:
Breakfast: Hot cereal with strawberries, blueberries, and almonds
Mid Morning: Protein Berry Shake
Lunch: Lintel Soup
Dinner: Mexican black beans and rice with tomatoes and avocado, swiss shard and baby broccoli salad, coconut lara bar
After Dinner Snack: Popcorn
Hmm, well after writing down my food, I guess it wasn’t all that bad, but I do know my water consumption was poor
1. How do you feel today (overall) compared to yesterday? I feel very well, except for my right foot that only bothered me in the morning. Once afternoon hit, it was gone.
2. Has anything changed with your symptoms that you may have not wrote about the day before? Just my foot.
3. Are you feeling hungry at anytime during the day? No, not really.
4. What was your workout today? Once I got really started it was good.
5. When did you workout and how was your energy during the workout? 5 AM and did 4.3 miles on the elliptical trainer with an exchange of hand placement every minute – shoulder stretching.
6. How did your energy do throughout the day? Good. I feel my energy is doing fantastic, but honestly have had a hard time falling asleep lately.
7. How many hours of sleep did you get last night? 6 hours
8. As it relates to your health, here is a list of areas that have caused some issues over the past 6 months. Please provide a brief update of each: Rating scale 1-10 (1 being no pain and 10 being the worst)
Left wrist pain: About a 2 when I am just doing normal tasks.
Right pointer finger joint: About a 2
Thumbs: About a 1
Right Hip: About a 1
Other: As it relates with my wrist, I still can’t place my hand flat on the ground to do like a pushup, but I am working on the mobility.
So my root foot might have stopped me from doing what I originally planned, but I still managed to get my workout completed by altering my plan. Remember, the goal is to keep doing something, so modification is always an option.
Make it Count by modifying your plan to keep moving!