Day 10 – Hunger vs. Animal Protein
Today is Saturday and all I have done is read… I just can’t stop reading the 4-Hour Body. It’s so interesting. Some of the theory presented is mind-boggling. I did his 6-minute abs today – The Myotatic Crunch and the Cat Vomit (great name, ey?) along with digesting his thoughts on running suspension. Saturday is usually my “long run” or “long ride” day, however after ready his “Ultra Endurance I” section, I decided to do some regeneration movements instead so I could focus on recovery. After all I did running sprints yesterday and am a bit sore. I just can’t stop reading the book…
I also read about the “ripple effect” and what animal based diets have done to our Earth. It was devastating to read things like “more than 90 percent of our rain forest have been cleared since 1970” or “animal agriculture is one of the main causes of water shortage” or “animal agriculture causes almost 40 percent of all greenhouse gas emissions than all cars, trucks, and airplanes in the world combined” and “the amount of feed that it takes to funnel through an animal to create an 8-oz steak could fill forty to fifty bowls of cooked grain” so essentially we can feed 40-50 hungry adults and children. Really? That sentence alone should make all human’s think twice when ordering a steak. More than 850 million people are starving and tens of millions die annually from starvation-related causes. Figures like these make me feel great about the choices I have made for the past 10 days.
Today I ate the following:
Breakfast: hot cereal with apples
Mid Morning: corn flakes
Lunch: black beans, onions, rice, red beans, and avocado
Dinner: Potato, black bean, carrots, celery, and kale soup
After Dinner Snack: toast with PB and J
1. How do you feel today (overall) compared to yesterday? Pretty good, but felt lazy.
2. Has anything changed with your symptoms that you may have not wrote about the day before? No
3. Are you feeling hungry at anytime during the day? A little. I was having a sugar fit tonight.
4. What was your workout today? I just did the 6-minute abs and regeneration stretches for my hips.
5. When did you workout and how was your energy during the workout? This was done in the mid afternoon and evening. I felt fine, but a little lazy.
6. How did your energy do throughout the day? Not great, just OK.
7. How many hours of sleep did you get last night? 7
8. As it relates to your health, here is a list of areas that have caused some issues over the past 6 months. Please provide a brief update of each: Rating scale 1-10 (1 being no pain and 10 being the worst
Left wrist pain: About a 3
Right pointer finger joint: About a 2
Thumbs: About a 2
Right Hip: About a 1
So I learned a lot today being intrigued with my books… It’s incredible what we can learn when we sit and read. I’ll admit, reading books is not my strong suit. I’d rather climb a mountain, run a race, or design a new workout.
Make it Count by reading today.